[Nicole Phillips, author of the book, Kindness is Contagious spoke at our church this past Sunday. She shared how making kindness a priority can make a positive difference in our lives as well as in the life of others. We also received eight new members and celebrated a baptism. And on top of all of that, former pastor of our church, Rev. Jim Wagner came to visit and offered the benediction. It was a wonderful Sunday! Photo Left to Right: Rev. Jim Wagner, Rev. Robert McDowell, Nicole Phillips]
A church that’s all it ought to be
A church that has no empty pews
A church where people never get the blues
A church whose music is always great
A church where people are never late
Such perfect churches there may be
But none of them are known to me
If you could find the perfect church
Without one fault or smear
For goodness sake, don’t join that church
You’ll spoil the atmosphere
It you should find the perfect church
Then don’t you even dare
To tread upon such holy ground
You wouldn’t fit in there
But since no perfect church exists
Where people never sin
Then let’s stop looking for that church
And love the one we’re in.
- Jesus, the gardener, is the Lord and Savior of the world.
- Jesus, the gardener, is the one to whom the prophet Isaiah was pointing.
- Jesus, the gardener, was God himself, who came so that we might have new life.
- Jesus, the gardener is the new Adam because of his perfect obedience and death on the cross.
- Jesus, the gardener, the one who reversed the curse on creation thanks to the empty tomb.
- Jesus, the gardener, who couldn’t be contained behind a large stone of a cold tomb.
- Jesus, the gardener, the one who is more than able to help us overcome the thorns and thistles of life.
- Jesus, the gardener, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.
“Our Father, who art in heaven…”