- The United Methodist Church Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Historic Merger
- Amid tumult of 1968, a church came together
- Uniting Conference sermon still talked about
- Formation of The United Methodist Church
- “JUBILEE”: The 50th Anniversary of The UM Church
- VIDEO: Proclamation of and Responses to EUB-Methodist Union, 1968
Also, UM News Service will publish a story at www.umc.org this week on the end of the segregated Central Jurisdiction in 1968, and later a story on the creation of the General Commission on Religion and Race (GCORR). They will finish their UMC 50th anniversary series on Monday, April 23, with a story about people who were at the 1968 Uniting Conference.