Original Posting At http://www.seedbed.com/overcoming-stereotypes-of-the-homeless-and-people-in-poverty-episode-44/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=overcoming-stereotypes-of-the-homeless-and-people-in-poverty-episode-44
What does a homeless person look like? Who are they? Why are they homeless? What does a poor person look like? What choices did they make that led them there? Perhaps the images and answers that come to mind when you hear those questions are not accurate. Join Beau Hamner as he shares part of his journey to ministering to people on the margins and what he learned through that ministry.
Beau Hamner is Outreach Pastor at College Wesleyan Church in Marion, IN. Prior to coming to College Wesleyan, Beau worked for Mission Possible Austin (MPA) as Director of Street Ministry where he served as the pastor at Church Under the Bridge. On any given Sunday, between 200 and 400 would gather, roughly 60% of whom were homeless, with the other 40% ranging from corporate executives to individuals in extreme poverty.